The Developer Megatrends report series distills the major data points and insights from our research into the most important trends in the developer economy. In this 7th edition Megatrends report, we cover app business models and examine how developers can escape the poverty trap. We look at how consumer technology will invade the enterprise, and how data will be at the center of the most interesting apps in the coming years. We’ll also revisit experience roaming – a trend from 2010 that is now in full swing.
One thing is clear. Developers are a driving force in every industry and a critical source of competitive advantage. Every company should master developer ecosystem skills. Developer Megatrends H1 2015 will shed light on the state of the art in the developer economy.
- Developers are a driving force in every industry and a source of competitive advantage. Every company should master developer ecosystem skills.
- App stores alone cannot sustain developers. e-commerce is and will stay the winning app revenue model.
- App and IoT developers will take consumer technology and business models to solve the most important enterprise problems (and dodge the poverty trap in the process).
- Value in tomorrow’s apps will come from making sense of data. Data developers and data platforms will be king.
- Mobile ecosystem winners are fully leveraging their developer and user bases to win in the Internet of Things.
- In the future, IoT device selection by consumers and enterprises will be determined by “will it work with my existing services and devices”. We call this experience roaming.
- Developers are kingmakers in every industry
- Developers escape from the app store
- Developers escape consumer markets
- Apps escape from screens
- Platform players escape from mobile
You must log in to post a comment.